Key Points from the article -
Education is the tool that we need to grow. Education has the power to change not just a country but the entire world. New inventions, technology, growth all of these have humble beginnings in schools and colleges. When we educate our children, we give them an opportunity to survive, to make something of themselves in this world.
Choosing the right school for your child -
Schools are the institutions that provide our children with essential learning skills and knowledge of the world. It is here that they learn how to socialise with their peers, where they are taught essential skills. Choosing the right school for your child is crucial for their growth. Some parameters that one must consider when choosing a school for their child are -
- Good schools help build leadership skills -
Leadership skills are an asset that everyone should have. This begins in school. Schools that are encouraging will push their students to take part in extracurricular activities which gives them the opportunity to grow, gives them the confidence they need to survive in the world. Shielding your children from the troubles of the world won’t do you or your children any good. Sooner or later they will have to face the real world so the best thing that you as parents can do is give them the best opportunities that are available to you.
- Good schools help your children learn how to work in teams -
Teaching children the importance of teamwork are absolutely essential for them to survive and thrive in the world. Children will leave school one day and then face the real world where they’ll have to work in teams. Good schools will have your children working in teams from a tender age as they instill a sense of unity and help build friendships. Working together in teams means taking into account everyone’s needs and expectations but also utilising their skills and talents and working towards achieving a common goal.
- Building a foundation for a better future -
- Great schools will help build a strong foundation towards your child’s future. Good school will also help your children build confidence and become better individuals.
- Quality of life -
Some parents opt to send their children to schools which are far away as education is the most important aspect of our lives. It gives us the opportunity to grow, to work and build a life for themselves.
These are just some of the reasons why you should select the right school for your child.
Various educational boards in India -
When deciding on the right school for your children, you must first decide which educational board you want your child to study from. The various educational boards in India are -
CBSE - The Central Board of Secondary Education is controlled by the Union government of India and is also the most popular board of choice in India. With more than 19,000 schools affiliated to the CBSE board, CBSE also has a global presence with more than 140 schools across 21 countries! Schools such as Shivneri boarding schools follow the CBSE board curriculum. There are many advantages to sending your children to a CBSE board, they are -
- CBSE aids IIT-JEE or AIMS preparations - We at Shivneri boarding school have a great entrance exam program for students who wish to pursue CA, engineering and medicine.
- Since CBSE is the most popular board choice in India, for parents who have a moving job, it becomes easier to enroll students in a different school when you shift. Adjusting to the same board in a different school is much easier than adjusting to a school with a different board.
- CBSE is more student friendly than other boards. Here they teach you important subjects which go beyond the standard curriculum. In a cbse curriculum students are taught subjects such as gardening and are encouraged to join clubs and teams which help them grow into their full potential.
ICSE - The Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CICSE/ICSE) is a privately held national level board of education. The main objective of ICSE is to provide a high quality education which is based on a practical approach. ICSE puts equal emphasis on all streams of education which are science, commerce and arts. There are many advantages of enrolling students in ICSE they are -
- ICSE boards are recognised nationally and internationally as well. Since ICSE is now recognised by international institutions completion of your 10th grade is equivalent to passing out from high school in foreign countries.
- ICSE boards believe in practical knowledge rather than just theoretical knowledge. In icse schools students will spend time in laboratories and get a practical insight into the things which are learnt in classrooms.
- ICSE curriculum is wide and provides you with an in-depth knowledge of their subjects and focuses more on Maths and Science but also focuses on children learning different languages.
IB - International Baccalaureate is a non-profit educational organisation that offers prime quality education for children between the ages of 3-19. IB schools are considered prestigious and have a significantly higher fee structure than other school boards. There are many advantages to sending your child to an IB school, they are -
- IB schools focus on subjects like humanities, arts, language and analytical skills. Kids who have a natural talent for the arts field or have a love for languages can opt for these schools as they will be more focused towards your child’s inclination towards these subjects.
- IB schools have their own grading systems. Since they follow an international curriculum they also use assessment systems used in other countries.
- One of the biggest advantages of an international school is their multicultural environment. Due to a multicultural environment, students develop their ability to cooperate with other students who have different customs, characteristics, customs and cultural norms.
NIOS - The National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) provides students with a number of vocational, community oriented, life enrichment courses which are completely different from the other standar boards in India. There are many benefits to sending your children to NIOS schools, they are -
- NIOS provides flexibility in students choosing their own subjects. They have an
- With the ODE system, students can take the examination based on their preparations which gives students the freedom of learning from NIOS.
- Many people perceive NIOS to be of lesser standards than other boards which is not true. When students pass out from an NIOS school, their grades will be equivalent to the certificates provided by state boards and others.
State boards - Every state has their own board syllabus which conducts a standard examination. This state syllabus is followed by private and government schools. State board education will be different in every state as it’s built based on each specific state. There are many advantages to sending your children to state boards, they are -
- The school syllabus is personalised to teach students about their region and state.
- State board schools emphasise on students learning regional languages as part of their curriculum.
- This curriculum is detail-oriented with subjects like history that covers local history along with national and international history.
These are the educational boarding systems present in India currently. We at Shivneri boarding school believe that CBSE is the best educational board for your child.
Why is CBSE better than other educational boards?
While each board of education has their own advantages and disadvantages, we believe that CBSE schools stand apart from the rest. Here are a few reasons why -
- CBSE schools focus on not just books but also believe that when students leave school they should be better prepared at dealing with the world. Schools like Shivneri boarding schools have subjects like gardening, basic home repairs, basic banking as part of our curriculum.
- CBSE puts equal emphasis on extracurricular activities such as physical education, arts, yoga and much more. A well rounded education isn’t just about rote learning.
- CBSE boards educational system believes that children should be prepared for all aspects of their life. Many cbse boards teach students a foreign language which opens up a world of opportunities for students. In schools like Shivneri boarding school, we teach our children Japanese language.
- Since CBSE is the most popular school board choice, parents who have travelling jobs can transfer their child/ children to any school that follows a CBSE curriculum which will definitely make adjusting to a new school environment that much easier. If you opt for a state board school and then make a change, you’ll have to go through a lot of paperwork before you leave school. All of this just adds unnecessary stress and pressure.
Knowledge gives you the power and the necessary tools to explore the world and grow up to be the best version of yourself. Deciding the right school for your child is a tough decision to make. Talk to your friends, peers, do your own thorough research before finalising on a school which is the best fit for your home.